Wednesday, May 21, 2014

server 2012 not being able to load custom dll/reference .dll compile issues on AOS

So I ran into this issues a while back and I figured I would share how I fixed it.


So we are using a custom WYSIWYG WinForm editor (C#/.NET 4.0/Targeted for x86/x64) control inside of AX. However I noticed that whenever I went to do a compile locally  or tried to even open the form on the AOS it would always get an error and tell me that it couldn't find the reference. Even though it was in all of the .dll folders (manually bin folder copy and dynamic auto deploy temp folder)

What I figured out was all of the local and terminal server clients had Visual Studio installed on it. So I tried installing Visual Studio 2010 on the AOS server itself. Once that it done then you can compile your objects that reference outside .dll's and open the form successfully

I'm not too sure why this fixes the issues, my guess is its one of the many runtime packages that gets installed with Visual Studio fixes the issue.

Would anyone else know why this fixes it?

But if you want a quick fix just install Visual Studio and all of the compile reference issues should go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment